Xometry is a rapidly growing technology company reshaping manufacturing industry. Xometry had its IPO in 2021 and is now listed on Nasdaq under the symbol XMTR.
Xometry is the source for on-demand manufacturing, offering massive capacity, instant online quotes, fast lead times, and affordable pricing. Our global network of over 10,000 manufacturing facilities enables us to maintain consistently fast lead times while offering a broad array of capabilities includes CNC machining, injection molding, sheet metal fabrication, urethane casting, and an industry-leading 3D printing service. We have a diverse customer base, ranging from startups to Fortune 100 companies and can make anything from a single prototype to millions of parts.
As a DFM Engineer, you’re primarily responsible for working with customers across an array of industries including aerospace, defense, commercial, automotive, industrial and medical devices. You should be an expert in evaluating manufacturability of customer designs and recommending win-win solutions using Xometry’s extensive portfolio of technologies.
This position will be responsible for reviewing customer technical drawings and quickly identifying risks and the appropriate sourcing strategies.
- You will be responsible for executing Engineering Feasibility reviews of orders placed by customers (DFM Reviews) to ensure the part 3D models can be properly manufactured in the processes selected as well as ensuring all information on 2D customer drawings are captured and have been quoted correctly.
- You will use your expertise to develop and implement the applicable sourcing strategy.
- Once an order is placed, you will be responsible to aid production in troubleshooting order execution to ensure customer success.
- To do this, you must interface directly with machine shops, sheet metal fabrication shops, internal staff members and management, as well as customers.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Manufacturing or Mechanical Engineering, technical or related field preferred.
- 3~5 years working experience in engineering and manufacturing environment, especially in injection molding or die casting field.
- 2~3 years above of manufacturing engineering experience with a focus on CNC machining or sheet metal fabrication required. Knowledge will include optimum equipment selections, process cycle times, material limitations and costs and geometry limitations.
- Experience working with suppliers and customers
- Knowledge of GD&T and inspection/QA practices required.
- Experience with 3D CAD modeling software is necessary (SolidWorks preferred).
- Ability to identify design for manufacturing issues based on CAD models and drawings. Significant experience with DFM for Injection Molding Projects or Die casting projects is preferred.
- Design for manufacturing of 3D Printed components is a plus.
- Ability to work with customers on the fly and solve problems quickly.
- Exceptional communication skills
- Able to work with Partners in troubleshooting production issues and answering partner questions.
- Able to work well in a fast-paced start-up environment.
Please send your resume to Xometry Asia HR: email@example.com