Xometry is a rapidly growing technology company reshaping manufacturing industry. Xometry had its IPO in 2021 and is now listed on Nasdaq under the symbol XMTR.
Xometry is the source for on-demand manufacturing, offering massive capacity, instant online quotes, fast lead times, and affordable pricing. Our global network of over 10,000 manufacturing facilities enables us to maintain consistently fast lead times while offering a broad array of capabilities includes CNC machining, injection molding, sheet metal fabrication, urethane casting, and an industry-leading 3D printing service. We have a diverse customer base, ranging from startups to Fortune 100 companies and can make anything from a single prototype to millions of parts.
As a Manual Quoting Engineer, you’re primarily responsible for working with customers across an array of industries including aerospace, defense, commercial, automotive, industrial and medical devices. You should be an expert in evaluating cost and lead time and recommending win-win solutions using Xometry’s extensive portfolio of technologies and manufacturing capacity.
Specifically, this position will be responsible for reviewing customer technical drawings and quickly evaluating the cost and lead time sourcing from Asia network.
- Manage inbound manual quote requests. Perform quotes directly as well as directing them to appropriate staff members based on project technology, customer profile, and project requirements.
- Review new quote requests to ensure all necessary project information was provided.
- Parse technical information from customer drawings and use that information to configure quotes on the Xometry instant quoting platform.
- Identify any custom manufacturing process/material/tooling and determine proper companies to quote those processes.
- Manage and communicate with internal stakeholders on project timelines.
- Support Xometry sales team with minor technical and manufacturability feedback.
- Communicate with outside companies to expedite and prioritize quotes in process.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Manufacturing or Mechanical Engineering, technical or related field preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years working experience in engineering and manufacturing environments, especially in CNC, sheet metal and injection molding.
- Experience working with suppliers and customers.
- Supervisory experience and strong communication skills.
- Experience with CNC machining, sheet metal fabrication, and/or injection manufacturing.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong ability to read and interpret 2D dimensioned drawings, including basic understanding of GD&T.
- Strong CAD proficiency (Solidworks, Inventor, OnShape, Creo, etc).
- Detail oriented and ability to communicate clearly in writing is critical.
Please send your resume to Xometry Asia HR: firstname.lastname@example.org